Sunday, December 14, 2014

Day Two

Due to our desire to do and see everything possible on this trip and Diana's organizing influence, we actually made lists.  I don't know if I've ever done that on a trip before.  Clouds and rain were predicted for our first two days, so we saved the major sights for later in the week.

On day two, we drove around the local area, stopping at a couple of water falls and a possible snorkeling beach.  Oh, and a thrift store.

First up was Opaeka'a Falls.  This waterfall can be seen from the road.  Somehow that seems like cheating.

Right across the road is a great view down the Wailua River Valley.

The road ends at Wailua Falls, used in the opening credits of Fantasy Island.  (For those of you who are old enough to remember the TV show.)
(Diana's wide-angle lens came in really handy here.)

This was the most my camera could take from the same spot.

And we stopped at pretty Lydgate Beach Park - a definite possibility for a non-aquatic person like me to snorkel.  We'll see.

You know I can't resist snapping some flower pictures.  I think this is a ginger.

And maybe this is too.  Anybody know?

When we returned to the room, look who was sitting on our balcony railing.

And another twilight shot from the beach at the resort.  You can see we had some clouds, but no rain to spoil our fun.


3 comments:

  1. Its looks like an interesting adventure for the two of you. I can remember Fantasy Island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm old enough to remember Fantasy Island, believe it or not. Yesterday a friend of my daughter's had no idea who Pauly Shore was and I realized that his movies were out when they were all toddlers. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the waterfall shots!! My kind of day...seeing 2 big falls in one day.
    I do recall Fantasy Island!

    ReplyDelete