Saturday, July 12, 2014

Day 10

At Sea (Oh, no!)

Nearing the end of our cruise, we discovered something cool on our TV (that we had never bothered to turn on).  It displayed various ship information, like the view out of the bridge . . .
(Just lovely)

And the current position of the ship.  Have I mentioned that I LOVE maps?

Although we had a calm night, this morning we hit open water and Ron was feeling ill again.  And no wonder when we saw on our information screen that the wave height was 14.8 feet.  Poor guy.  I was fine this time which makes me wonder how big the waves were when I was also affected.

We found the most central location on the ship and while Ron slept (sitting up - how do guys do that?), I read.  A lot of our friends from the land tour came by and commiserated.  I can guarantee I will never get Ron on another cruise after this.

Around 3 PM, we made it to the passage between Vancouver Island and the mainland and by dinnertime Ron was able to join me for a meal.

Here comes the boat carrying our pilot for this part of the trip.  He was so quick that I missed a shot of him boarding the ship.

We enjoyed the nicer weather and pretty scenery.

Whoa!  Blue sky!

Funny story - As I was out on the deck admiring the pretty sunset, I stuck up a conversation with another lady.  Since we had to have our luggage out in the hall by midnight, I mentioned I had to go pack.  She said she and her husband had somehow forgotten about the last day at sea and packed the night before.  When they awoke in the morning, they were confused since their luggage was still outside the stateroom and the ship was not docked.


3 comments:

  1. all high tech stuff! I'm sure its easy to forget what day it is when you're off on the ocean...Poor Ron I have a feeling that will be his last cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The things that we guys endure for the sake of our loved ones. Poor Ron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron was a good sport to go on the cruise; I hope the fun he had on land outweighed the misery of seasickness. I was once told by an old "sea dog" that it's not the size of the waves, but rather the direction from which they come and move the ship that causes seasickness.

    ReplyDelete